[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Planned Maintenance

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 27 08:37:07 BST 2007

In message <46A98078.9000003 at sxpert.org>
        Raphaël Jacquot <sxpert at sxpert.org> wrote:

> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> In order to allow some database schema changes to be completed I plan
>> to place the API in read only mode at midnight BST (11pm GMT) this
>> Saturday (28th July).
>
> could you elaborate some more on the changes ?

With a couple of minor changes they are as described on the dev
mailing list a few weeks ago:

  http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2007-June/005442.html

The main changes since then are:

  - Not splitting the lat/lon indexes as somebody explained why
    they were the way they are

  - Switching current_ways to InnoDB to get row level locking

  - Adding not null constraints to fields where appropriate

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/