[OSM-talk] planet2mysql.rb

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Sun Jul 29 11:17:02 BST 2007

Hi,

I looked through the archives at gmane and didn't see anything which
seemed to cover this.  I've been running planet2mysql.rb on
planet-070718.osm since last night.  It's not finished, but top shows me:

         28322 sircus    35  19 1570m 1.5g 1284 R   64 77.3 665:29.71
ruby

Is it normal for planet2mysql to take 1.5GB memory?  I've looked through
the script and it doesn't seem like it should.  Looking at "show table
status", it does still seem to be importing data, slowly.  But if it
carries on increasing its memory use (which it's currently doing), I'll
have to stop it shortly - the machine only has 2GB of memory.

What do other people see when running planet2mysql?  The archives
mentioned it being slow (which isn't really a problem for me) but nobody
mentioned it eating this much RAM...

--
Jon