[OSM-talk] Pedestrian crossings and barriers

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sun Jul 29 13:57:56 BST 2007

> When we start doing cycle routing, it would be nice to avoid the latter,
> while preferring the former...

At least in Germany, it always the best to avoid special cycling
infrastructure as much as possible.  I prefer highways without
cycleway tracks or lanes all the time (on my weekend tours and
on my daily ways to the office and when doing my groceries).

YOu are completely right, these signals are annoying; consider adding
a warning to the map.

I admit that some guys over here are fond of the cycleways.  Probably
because they have plenty of time and do not mined cycling on unpaved
tracks...