[OSM-talk] Cycle mapping

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun Jul 29 19:10:19 BST 2007

Speak for yourself! Outside the main library in Ipswich there is parking for
6 bikes, and often a queue for them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62534170@N00/846599438/in/set-72157600048693162
/

The local council, to their credit, have allocated £100K over two years to
put in a lot more and the first thing to do is an audit (which is what we
are helping them with at the moment). Tags are not compulsory of coruse, but
'capacity' seems like a good general purpose tag for all sorts of features
including cycle racks.

I notice from Map Features that a bicycle park can be point, line or area
features, which will normal give enough of a clue as to the capacity. I
think we are agreeing that for normal cycle maps we don't need to render the
capacity. My main request was to render a simple feature onto the map to
show that there was a rack there. That will make me happy. Actually I am
happy already :)

Regards,

Peter