[OSM-talk] "osmps" PostScript renderer updated

Matthew Newton matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 21:46:23 BST 2007

Hi all,

I've found time this weekend to do a bit more hacking on osmps, which I've
just uploaded to svn[1]. osmps is ideal for producing maps for print as it
directly generates EPS (which can be easily converted to PDF). Nice for
including in a TeX document, for instance. Some of the new features are:

  Logos for some nodes (parking, churches, post, etc) using a Type1
    font created with FontForge (font glyphs are ideal for logos in
    a PostScript document).

  Fix scaling bug, so the roads are the same relative size whatever
    size area is drawn.

  Don't draw items that are marked as deleted in the .osm file.

  Few more styles.

Any comments or questions just let me know. Hope it's useful.

Thanks,

--
Matthew

[1] http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/osmps