[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] JOSM Duplicate Way Plugin

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue Jul 31 07:47:25 BST 2007

Sorry if this has been hashed before, but that is a stupid decision.

95%+ of the time, people will want to reply to the group only, so that should be the default. Now you have to

 a) Remember to use the Reply-to-all, not the reply-to button
 b) Remember to find and delete the individual users name from the reply list so that you do not bombard them with 2 copies of the reply.

What usually happens is that I first reply to the sender only, then send another message that ends up going to the sender again and finally to the group.

Why are we creating meaningless busy work and extra network overheads? Aren't we supposed to be the smart ones?