[OSM-talk] Map Features / International

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Jul 31 16:05:41 BST 2007

On 31/07/2007 15:54, Mike Collinson wrote:
> Prescription has crept in inadvertently when trying to give concrete examples, I think?
>
> I suggest the solution at this point in time is to change the Map Features shop entry to say something like:
>
> "The value can be what ever you like to describe the kind of shops in your country - though it would be good to cooperate with mappers in your country to create an informal list of common types for ease of map rendering.  As a starting point, here are some examples from the UK:  [shop=bakery etc.]"

Indeed, as the person who put it on the Proposed_features page
originally, bakery was only ever intended as an example, but it has
somehow become inshrined.

I was expecting it to be shop=<shoptype> where shoptype is however the
shop describes itself. shop=charcuterie or shop=zyklusgeschäft would be
fine IMO.

David