[OSM-talk] Annouce : Planet router

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:26:32 BST 2007

I've cleaned the source code of my planet viewing application and made
it look a lot more like mapmik / osmarender. Still need to add
'layers'.

Then proceeded to add a routing feature to it. Click with button 2
(middle) mark the starting point and then (after panning / zooming)
click with button 3 on the end point to compute the route. Less than
1s for a long route. Still need to check for oneways, footways etc.

Rebuilding the pak file with 256 MB RAM is now a lot faster.

Linux users with Gtk-2.0 can try it out :
wget www.rational.co.za/gosmore.cc
wget www.rational.co.za/Makefile
make
bunzip planet-...osm.bz2 | ./gosmore rebuild
(Wait 20 minutes if you have 512MB RAM, or 3 hours if you have only 256MB)
Click on map to pan there or click on righthand area to change zoom
level. There are currently no names on the ways and no nodes.