[OSM-talk] urban surveying speed - can it be estimated aspopulation per hour?

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 13:09:57 BST 2007

My uninformed opinion is that I'd imagine that the categorised road
network, that is, A and B roads (in the UK) will be fairly linear, since
the list of roads is available (wikipedia/government websites etc) and
people will start cross-checking which roads have been done with the
available list in their area.
Uncategorised roads will be a whole lot slower - there are an order of
magnitude more (at least if we're just talking roads, rather than roads
and streets) and obviously there's no way of cross-checking what's been
done, other than local knowledge.

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD