[OSM-talk] Rejected: Landuse=green_space

Mon Jun 11 10:01:35 BST 2007

David Earl wrote:
> I think this is a shame. Again, 3 votes is pathetic and neither opposed the
> principle, just the name of the tag!

Well, 3 votes might seem pathetic but if not more people care to vote
pro or contra proposed features, than these are the number of votes
we'll have to live with. So, I'd say, given that the voting period has
been some time, even a 3 vote majority is a majority. (That in this
special case just a modification of the proposal was required, is a
different story).

> I will reintroduce this proposal as 'landuse=grass' as that's what the
> voters against wanted, even though it doesn't really describe the concept
> properly: many such islands, corners, breathing spaces have trees and
> shrubbery. If I'd noticed at the time I would have made that comments. But
> the exact tag name really doesn't matter, it's just a word; people do get so
> exercised by what the exact name of tags should be.

A landuse=grass sounds nice.

Spaetz