[OSM-talk] Falkland Islands & South Georgia

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:21:51 BST 2007

On 6/11/07, Russell Phillips <russ at phillipsuk.org> wrote:
> The slippy map shows the coastline, but when I try to download into
> JOSM, it doesn't get any data. I've added the location of Stanley, using
> lat/lon from the CIA World Fact Book [2].

The coastline on mapnik is from the PGS coastline data, it's not from
the DB. osmarender only has blocks generated from oceantiles.png. If
you want the actual coastline I'd suggest using the PGS coastline
import on that area, that should give you a good start.

> I've tried to download Landsat data to get coastline information, and
> I've tried using the WMS plugin to use the map from [1]. Neither worked.
> I don't get any error messages, but nothing appears in JOSM, either. I
> can see the relevant layers in the Layers view, but there is nothing in
> the editing window.

Can't help you there...

Have a nice day,