[OSM-talk] RFC: Scout Camp

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Jun 11 21:57:34 BST 2007

At 10:25 PM 11/06/2007, Robert T Wyatt wrote:
>fwiw, In my mind I think of this is follows:
>
>amenity=camp
>
>access=private | public
>
>restrictions=yes | no
>
>proprietor=Cub Scouts | Girl Scouts | US Forest Service | ...
>or
>denomination=Latter Day Saints | Greek Orthodox | ...
>
>Is the denomination tag sufficient to imply religious?

I think one should assume folks will be writing rendering / search routines for different purposes and try write tags to be picked up by more than one permutation of rule.  I suggest that coding

proprietor=Latter Day Saints
denomination=Latter Day Saints
religion=christian

would allow the camp and information to be picked up both by folks just looking at campsites generally and by folks looking for church properties/activities.

As a side note, amenity=camp needs to be tourism=camp_site if using the current standard map features set.

Mike