[OSM-talk] Help with water rendering in tiles at home

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 18 20:32:25 BST 2007

Hi,

 > The one on the right should be water, and the one
> on the left should be an island.  What am I missing to make this work?

There is a little bug in the data which breaks the coastline rendering.
The large body of water on the left in which you want an island (but got
a little lake) is not, in fact, made from a continuous line. If you look
at the node in the lower right corner of that body of water, where it
touches Front Road: That's really two nodes, and thus the coastline is
"open" at that point.

How do you find out about such problems:

1. The maplint layer tells you ("nodes on same spot") - a bit difficult
to see in that area as the whole coastline is red because the individual
segments are tagged which they should not be;

2. The "validator" plugin for JOSM can tell you

3. You can draw a selection rectangle around that node in JOSM and
you'll see two nodes selected (for this of course you first need to have
a hunch that something is wrong there)

How do you fix such problems:

1. The "validator" plugin for JOSM can fix it automatically

2. If you want to do it manually, remove one of the two segments leading
up to the "double node" from its way, then delete the segment, then
rectangle-select the node (two nodes selected) and hit delete (only the
un-used node gets deleted), re-draw the segment you deleted before,
re-add it to the way.

Bye
Frederik