[OSM-talk] A big map of the UK and an urban area

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Jun 18 21:01:28 BST 2007

Thanks Mike and Jon,

I also am out-of-time now, but I hope to take two fine A1 maps to
Glastonbury, one of the UK and the other of Ipswich (both using Mapnik).

Regards,

Peter

>I've run into a few issues with osmarender, so this is not yet as good as
I'd hoped, but I've uploaded the files produced so far to:

>http://www.bristolbeat.co.uk/maps/

>I'm unable to easily render a UK map with this system as the data set is
too large for the API, so I suggest for now you use Jon's UK map.

>I'm running a different render right now, but have to leave for glasto in a
few hours so I've pretty much run out of time.  I hope to upload a >couple
more files before I go, with an improved render style.

>The PDF did not look good to me, so I've provided png's and the source SVG
files.

>cheers,  mike

---