[OSM-talk] Living where there be dragons

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jun 29 01:31:55 BST 2007

Hi,

> It's a bit of a crazy idea, and I would like to think it wouldn't
> interfere with my social life at the start (e.g. "er can you tell me the
> lat/lon for that house party?")

Yes, and vice versa ("Are you still with that Gregory guy?" - "No, I
dumped him... he kept coming to my place and ringing the doorbell
afterwards so I also removed from OSM the footpath he took...").

> Would you dare do it?

I think it won't be that hard. You will replace the usual map in your
head by something composed of bus stops and bus lines, and use a taxi if
all else fails. In everyday life, maps are not as important as one might
think; people will give you directions if you ask...

But it is definitely a cool idea and you could write a lot of funny
things about it I'm sure.

Bye
Frederik