[OSM-talk] keys

Jonas Svensson jonass at lysator.liu.se
Mon Mar 5 17:48:19 GMT 2007

On 4 Mar 2007 at 11:26, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Good to see you are working on obvious spelling errors.
>
> Note though that on the basis there is no such thing as an incorrectly named
> element then it may be a little tricky to know what a key should be. I noted
> that it says "replace" on the wiki, I think it should be that a new key is
> added rather than replaced, the apparently wrong key should not be deleted
> as you have no possibility of verifying if anyone is using it in that form.
>
> Adding a new key allows the renderers to show stuff properly while
> respecting that someone may be using keys for a custom purpose.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

My intention is only to correct spelling errors and correct keys
that has been obsoleted by community decision. Or to help when
someone has accidentially used a key of his own and then found out
that (s)he should have used another. That is why I ask for help
with the list of words. For example: should "emergency" be changed
to "emergency_ward" or should "highwaytype" be changed to
"highway"? Maybe both are correct and should be left as is.

/Jonas