[OSM-talk] Questions

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Mon Mar 5 19:21:39 GMT 2007

El Lunes, 5 de Marzo de 2007 19:33, David Stevenson escribió:
> How do I mark an area? ie car park.
> If this is covered in the wiki I have not seen it.

You create a closed way (i.e. a mathematical ring), then tag it.

e.g. draw four segments in the shape of a square; select them all, create a
way with all of them, then tag the way as "amenity=parking".

> What triggers a re-render?

Point your favourite web browser to this URL:

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Browse/

Then, locate the tiles you want to re-render and hit the "request update"
button at the botom of the page.

> How do I mark a bridge with two routes over it?
> Well actually an aquaduct with a canal and two towpaths.

I don't know about any standards, but I'm marking every separate way as a
bridge.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

Q:	How many bureaucrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	Two.  One to assure everyone that everything possible is being
	done while the other screws the bulb into the water faucet.