[OSM-talk] Questions

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Mon Mar 5 19:19:28 GMT 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, David Stevenson wrote:
> How do I mark an area? ie car park.

Make an area and mark it amenity=parking. I normally stick a parking
node on top as well for good measure :)

> What triggers a re-render?
> Sometimes when I edit something I can see it on within an hour or so.
> But others I have been waiting days. I can see some more recent renders
> by the bezier errors on to the next tile, but the older tile does not
> change.

Find the place on http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Browse/, go to zoom
level 12 and click request (bottom left) for manual update requests. The
informationhighway link posted elsewhere on the list recently also
features a (more flexible) request mechanism. Otherwise, updates are
somehow triggered on edits (sometimes) and also when people look at
outdated tiles on the slippy map.

\\kristian
--
Cthulhu.call();