[OSM-talk] New atlas-generation program

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Mar 6 21:26:11 GMT 2007

Artem and I discussed the possibility of putting in a native PostScript back
end to mapnik while in Oxford on Saturday. While there are other routes,
this is likely to be quite a neat and efficient one.

I didn't have much luck trying to to large PDF files via Inkscape, but I did
successfully go out to EPS (a variant of PS) from where it is possible to go
to all sorts of other vector formats including PDF, and to many printers, or
to images via Ghostscript, or many Adobe products including Photoshop.

David