[OSM-talk] Playing with Potlatch

Thu Mar 8 13:34:26 GMT 2007

Florian Loitsch wrote:

> really really nice. I'll definitely try to install it locally until it's
> available on the osm-site.

:) Thanks!

> only thing I noticed: under konqueror: I can't insert a new point with
> shift-insert, but I can start new ways with it. KDE intercepts F1 (and maybe
> F2) -> can't turn of yahoo imagery.
> And to erase a node one has to use Backspace and not delete (at least under
> linux).

Good point: I'll have a go at adding delete tonight/tomorrow. Will
test with Konqueror. We probably need a proper non-keypress control
for the background layer control (Jamie Munro pointed this out on the
wiki, too).

> Questions:
> - is there a way to change the size of the shown ways? In my area (43.5751
> 6.9908) the imagery is much better, and I can zoom in a little bit more. But
> the lines are bigger too, which makes editing harder.

Yes, this is a bit of a problem. At high zoom levels, the line-width
is 1, but just zoomed in a lot; and Flash doesn't let you reduce it
further, for some reason. I'm thinking about it!

> - is it possible to change the size of the applet?

Not as yet, but it's on the list.

> - as far as I have understood potlatch only creates ways. Can I still
> interface with already existing segments? In other words: I have created many
> segments, but haven't yet converted them to ways. Cat potlatch see these
> segments?

It doesn't, I'm afraid, no.

> - is it possible to turn off the "greying" of the sat-image? (at least
> temporary)

You could do it with shift-F2 if F2 worked! Sorry: I'll work on a
slider or similar.

cheers
Richard