[OSM-talk] Planet Dump

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Fri Mar 9 09:08:54 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 Mar 2007 08:23, Ray Booysen wrote:
> Apologies if this has been brought up before.
>
> Is it possible to start generating SQL dumps of the same dataset as the
> planet.osm file?  For me, its easier to download an SQL dump and run
> against a server after an export than it would be to parse the XML.  I'm
> sure we can create it, but not sure on the logistics.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Regards
> Ray

I would very much support this too - specifically the PostGIS dump which I
believe is generated weekly anyhow. I've now managed to get the
postgis/mapnik setup working successfully on my own server - and the only
thing that stops me generating it from planet is the memory requirements of
the osm2pgsql utility which my server can't handle :-)

Nick