[OSM-talk] Planet Dump

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 11:20:24 GMT 2007

Artem Pavlenko wrote:

>> That I think is the next important step.
>> It's taking me over 24 hours to process the raw planet.osm ,
>
> Wow:) . Try osm2pgsql it takes 0.5 hour and it cleans geometries as well

I think I need to drop the PHP XML stuff that takes 2 hours just to read
the file and count things without saving :)

But I've got a nice new linux box running now with 4Gb of memory and I
want to compare processing times which was he original reason for
playing with this. Getting at the actual data is just a bonus.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL