[OSM-talk] Planet Dump

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 9 11:57:26 GMT 2007

Hi,

    of course I'd also like a "planet diff" (on an hourly basis if
possible ;-).

But as for the MySQL dump, why doesn't one of the people having the
data in MySQL just provide one? It is not something that we need from
mission control, is it?

Someone send me "create table" statements for the format they'd like
the data in and I'll make a dump if none of the existing MySQL users
can provide one.

(As for creating localized planet.osm subsets, I've been doing that
for Germany for a while now. There is a script in SVN/utils/
planet.osm/perl or so which extracts anything within Germany's border
polygon, and also contains information on where the polygon was
downloaded from in case you want to download another border. If you
don't want a polygon and a bounding box is sufficient, there's
another script in there which takes bounding box co-ordinates on the
command line and extracts something from a planet file. In my
experience, if you have one GB of RAM and know your Perl, you can for
many purposes work directly on the planet file, and much faster than
stuffing everything into a database first. The Germany extract takes
about half an hour with the current planet file.)

Bye
Frederik