[OSM-talk] FW: Newbie help

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 13:43:53 GMT 2007

Forwarded to the list also...

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnett, Phillip
Sent: 11 March 2007 13:43
To: 'Francis Augusto Medeiros'
Subject: RE: [OSM-talk] Newbie help

Francis,

It's not very clear, but if you read the source code at
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/utils/josm/plugins/osmarender/src/
OsmarenderPlugin.java?rev=1638 you can see it asking for
"osmarender.firefox" just before that error message ("FireFox not found.
Please set firefox executable in the preferences"). Assuming that it
wants the exact location of the firefox executable, I guessed and added
a new key called 'osmarender.firefox' to the Advanced preferences of
JOSM (the icon of Einstein's face) with a value of
'/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox' and then restarted
JOSM. Then load a new area into JOSM, select View from the menu, and
select OSmarender, wait a few seconds (even a minute or two, as it's
very slow on my Powerbook) and it worked.

I'll put this in the Wiki later after lunch if it works for you too. Let
me know.

Phillip