[OSM-talk] Undeletable objects.

Bruce Cowan bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Mar 12 19:20:58 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 10:07 +0000, Robert Hart wrote:
> I've come across another undeletable object. This time way id="66". I
> guess I can try the remove all segments from the way, or recycle the way
> as something else entirely, but I'd like to understand why these things
> become undeletable. This obviously a really low way id, so maybe it's
> related to a bug that was later fixed?

I remember a conversation on IRC about this issue.  Somebody else told
me that is affected large ID numbers too, but I have no experience of
this.

I have lots of undeleteable ways here, ids 1500, 1808, 1870, 1471 and
1914 to name a few.  If I try to delete them, JOSM outputs this on the
terminal:
upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/way/1914
got return: 410 with id 1914
upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/way/1500