[OSM-talk] Undeletable objects.

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Mon Mar 12 22:05:04 GMT 2007

I would hazard a guess that the problem is not so much that you can't delete the ways, more that the ways are still being returned as part of a bounding box even though they'be been deleted. From what little I understand about the db schema, they are in the current_ways table, but have a visible=0, or are in current_way as visible, but ways as not visible?

Could somebody with database access actually have a look at one of these ways and see?

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Cowan [mailto:bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com]
Sent: Mon 3/12/2007 7:20 PM
To: Robert Hart
Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Undeletable objects.

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 10:07 +0000, Robert Hart wrote:
> I've come across another undeletable object. This time way id="66". I
> guess I can try the remove all segments from the way, or recycle the way
> as something else entirely, but I'd like to understand why these things
> become undeletable. This obviously a really low way id, so maybe it's
> related to a bug that was later fixed?

I remember a conversation on IRC about this issue.  Somebody else told
me that is affected large ID numbers too, but I have no experience of
this.

I have lots of undeleteable ways here, ids 1500, 1808, 1870, 1471 and
1914 to name a few.  If I try to delete them, JOSM outputs this on the
terminal:
upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/way/1914
got return: 410 with id 1914
upload to: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/way/1500