[OSM-talk] Announce: new JOSM plugin for Yahoo satellite images

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:41:03 GMT 2007

On 3/15/07, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

> Francisco R. Santos wrote:
> >
> > On 3/15/07, *Robert (Jamie) Munro* <rjmunro at arjam.net
> > <mailto:rjmunro at arjam.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     I don't have the Yahoo option in the WMS menu. What should it be? I
> >     tried adding http://localhost:8000/ as a WMS server in the WMS
> >     preferences, but that didn't seem to work.
> >
> >     Thanks,
> >

> > Have you *updated* wmsplugin and created the firefox profile?
>
> Yes, but not in that order :-)
>
> I just pressed "Create Profile" again, and that seems to have fixed it -
> at least it created the Yahoo option in the WMS servers as:
> http://localhost:8000/ymap?request=GetMap&format=image/jpeg

That's it

I may be in unexplored territory here because I am using a mac. I got an
> error like "Only one copy of firefox can be running at a time", but I
> fixed that by quitting the second copy of firefox that the "create
> profile" button had created.
>
> Then I ran it, I saw a firefox window open and load the right tiles, but
> josm came up with a 500 internal server error from the WMS server.

That is a JOSM error. After the first error 500, even though the next
requests are OK, a error appears. I have open a ticket for that.

> quit everything and restarted, and it now loads firefox and the tile,
> exits firefox and adds a layer in the layers pallete, but the background
> is just black - it doesn't contain an image.
>
> Any ideas?

mmm, weird. I don't have a mac, so I haven't tested in that OS. Could you
start firefox with the environment variable
MOZ_FORCE_PAINT_AFTER_ONLOAD=/tmp/test and load any page? Then open the
generated files /tmp/test-* and tellme if they are a dump of the loaded
pages

Robert (Jamie) Munro