[OSM-talk] Maximum segment length?

Scott Walde scott at waldetech.ca
Tue Mar 20 02:59:04 GMT 2007

I've noticed a strange rendering issue with the highway I took (and
mapped) on a recent trip.  Some tiles would simply refuse to render.  I
finally realized that the problem was the segment was too long and the
tiles in the middle weren't rendering.  By simply adding nodes I solved
the problem.  But, this causes me to ask the question... how long can a
segment be?  Around here, highways can go on in a straight line for
many, many kilometers.  (One problem stretch was about 50km.)

ttyl
srw