[OSM-talk] Tiles at home Update

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Mar 20 10:21:16 GMT 2007

Hi,

> It also utilises a pre-processor (called Frollo) which sorts out the
> ordering and direction of segments.

Hm. Doing everything in XSLT certainly is an interesting programming
challenge ;-)

I'm curious on how you solved the segment reversal problem. I did an
automatic way ordering and segment reversal tool in Perl but got into
trouble when a segment was shared by more than one way:

1. Since I processed the ways one after the other, when I re-visited
the same segment in the context of a different way, reversing the
segment (which might have been required for the current way to "work"
properly) would have meant going back to the other way that used it
and try if that still works with the segment reveresed. Which seemed
complicated, especially because the concept is recursive.

2. If there are ways using the same segment, and each one would
require the segment to be in a different direction, which should
"win" - or should the segment be duplicated?

3. Same if one way using a segment has a context where segment
reversal is not allowed (say, a river or a way with oneway=true).
Another way uses the same segment (e.g. a tram running through the
one-way street) but would require reversal...

Bye
Frederik