[OSM-talk] MBR trails

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Tue Mar 20 11:57:17 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 19:30 +0000, Andy Allan wrote:
> Has anyone been tagging MBR (mountain biking) trails? I've spent the
> last two weekends riding around, and I'm open to suggestions as for
> tagging. I'm referring to trails that are built specifically for
> mountain bikes and with no other purpose, generally narrow, rocky, and
> suicidal if you were walking the other way!
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/lazer/243047452/ - not my photo, but this
> kind of thing.
>
> highway=mbr?

unless those trails are only and only for mountain biking, I would
suggest we use a more generic distinction, like the
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/grade1-5
thing.

I wouldn't use that trail from the photo with my motorbike, but I know
people that would do it :-), as well as pedestrians, they can perfectly
use that, so unless it is only for bikes, I would suggest we use
highway=track and tracktype=gradeX (or highway=cycleway tracktype=gradeX
if it is a cycleway only).
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>