[OSM-talk] PostScript renderer

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 15:11:03 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 08:36:08PM -0600, Scott Walde wrote:
> matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk wrote:
> > Comments and suggestions welcome.
> >

> Very cool.  But...  being a complete Ruby noob, I can't seem to get it

Ditto; I've only been doing Ruby for about a month... ;-)

> to work.  I have installed libxml-ruby (this is an Ubuntu machine) so it
> gets past the first error I got, but now I get:
>
> $ ./osmps.rb saskatoon6.osm
> ./osmps.rb:983:in `importosm': undefined method `each_child' for
> (NoMethodError)
>     :XML::Node  from ./osmps.rb:981:in `importosm'
>         from ./osmps.rb:1042
>
> Do I need another library?  or am I doing something wrong?

I can only say which version I'm using, which is Debian testing (etch) and the
libxml-ruby1.8 package.

If you send me the OSM file I can test it on my machines. I am a complete novice
at using the XML stuff, so there is most likely a far better way of doing it
(and possibly one that works on older versions of the library too).

Thanks,

--
Matthew