[OSM-talk] New script to do CSV -> OSM

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Wed Mar 21 09:51:36 GMT 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Jon Burgess wrote:
> How does this import compare with the US DAFIF data? The DAFIF data has
> the locations of 10000+ airports and details of the runway layouts.

I'd say the main two differences are:
* the data I use was under a licence that clearly allowed it to be
    imported into osm
* the data has iata and iaco codes for the airports

(For a project at work, we needed the locations of a bunch of the more
major world airports, along with airport codes, cities and countries etc.
We ended up paying someone to compile us a list by combining a whole bunch
of public domain data, as we couldn't find any one list that had all we
needed. Work ended up with any copyright that applied to the list, and was
happy to allow it to go into OSM under the OSM licence)

Nick