[OSM-talk] New script to do CSV -> OSM

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:36:26 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 19:07 +0000, Nick Burch wrote:

> Having set that up, you run the script. It converts each line at a time,
> downloads the osm data around the new node, and checks for a possible
> clash. If one is found, it writes the node to problem.osm. If not, it
> uploads the new node to the api, and writes it to worked.osm.
>

> Hopefully it'll be of use to other people in the future.
>
> Nick
>
> PS I used the script to do an airports import, with
>      source=Gagravarr_Airports, if you spot those about

How does this import compare with the US DAFIF data? The DAFIF data has
the locations of 10000+ airports and details of the runway layouts.

I wrote a perl script a while ago to convert the ARPT/RWY files into OSM
but never uploaded any data because I didn't get a definitive answer
about the suitability of the DAFIF licence.

The conflict resolution code could be useful. I didn't attempt to do
this in my script.

	Jon