[OSM-talk] Printing posters

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 23:31:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 07:11:45PM +0000, OJW wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 00:12, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> > I thought about using almien's "BigMap" script to get some large images,
> > but that script is no longer online AFAIK.

> Although it's probably easier to render the area yourself in osmarender, then
> open the SVG in inkscape and export a huge image file

That's one good way to do it. Another way would be to give my new PostScript
renderer a try, which would produce EPS you can import into another document for
printing.[1]

It's not perfect yet by any means (lots of rules need to be added) but looks
pretty good for most stuff IMHO. If you do give this a try I'd be interested in
any bugs you get (especially importing into other documents and printing them).

Thanks,

--
Matthew

[1] http://svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/osmps/