[OSM-talk] finding new stuff when mapping

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 18:05:22 GMT 2007

On 22/03/07, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> So I've mapped everything in my area apart from this long private
> country lane/track which is a dead end, goes through a golf course and
> has 10mph signs on it.
>
> Totally by accident I went down it today, expecting to find absolutely
> nothing, but right at the end there are 20 houses, a pub and a large car
> park + stables. And it's in the _middle_ of everything I've mapped... I
> was, uh, surprised :-)
>
> Has anyone else found any magical places by mapping exhaustively?

Found a nice traditional Buddhist temple I didn't know was there. It's not
exactly hidden though.

http://www.buddhapadipa.org/pages/temple.html

Unfortunately it doesn't render... (maybe because I can't spell buddhist...
there's an 'h' which I've now put in):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.43107027135494&lon=-0.2208896383390945&zoom=16