[OSM-talk] finding new stuff when mapping

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Mar 23 00:55:46 GMT 2007

At 01:13 AM 23/03/2007, SteveC wrote:
>Has anyone else found any magical places by mapping exhaustively?

A dozen wonderful little beaches and coves driving up the NSW coast.  "Sigh, I'd better drive up that boring, uninteresting looking track/road just to put it on the map."

In Tokyo I used to pick two points and then try and walk in the closest straight line between them.  I'd see all sorts of interesting and unusual things.  OSM mapping makes an excellent replacement.

Mike