[OSM-talk] osm2pgsql enhancements

Artem Pavlenko artem at mapnik.org
Fri Mar 23 08:57:43 GMT 2007

Hi Martin,

On 23 Mar 2007, at 07:19, Martin Spott wrote:

> Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> [...] I'll try "the Experimental" in the step that follows.
>
> Looks good so far,
>
> Table			Experimental	Stable
> planet_osm_line		341886		341883
> planet_osm_point	102685		102685
> planet_osm_polygon	13881		167291

Looks like some polygons gone missing here.

> planet_osm_roads	88531

> What is actually the classification of the 'roads' ? Apparently
> this is
> not just a subset of the 'line' table that contains just driveable
> roads - instead the 'roads' table contains even "footway" and
> "Ostkustbanan" as highway type ....

The idea was to create 'simplified' motorway/trunk/primary/secondary/
rail table. But 'simplify' function in PostGIS produced undesirable
results and I left it as it is. It shouldn't contain 'footway' or
'Osrkustbanan', looks like bug to me.

Cheers,
Artem

> 	Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its
> friends are !

Artem Pavlenko
http://mapnik.org