[OSM-talk] Questions

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Fri Mar 23 14:09:50 GMT 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:46:13 +0800 Mike Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz>
wrote:

> PS Off topic, when are we going to get a slippy map start interface
> that is easily navigatable for folks outside Europe? Pester, pester,
> pester. :-)

It's not a final solution but someone might find this little map viewer
app[1] useful. I originally knocked it together to test a couple of
things but I've found it quite a handy tool.  It will remember lat,
lon, zoom, and layer between sessions and will allow you to request T at H
updates.

I'm currently deciding if it is worth tidying up the code and
adding more features such as local tile caching, bookmarks and street
search.

[1] http://www.andystreet.me.uk/osm/viewer/

Regards,

Andy