[OSM-talk] Track2osm?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 24 22:59:23 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 22:41 +0100, Andreas Volz wrote:
> Am Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:28:31 +0000 schrieb Jon Burgess:

> > > svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/perl/Geo/OSM/Tracks2OSM.pm
> > >

> > utils/osmfilter/osmfilter.pl uses this library to upload tracks so it
> > is likely this is the program generating this data. If you could
> > point out some examples on the map (URL + ID) and what problem it has
> > then someone may be able to improve the script.
>
> Hm, how could I see the ID? But here is the download string for JOSM:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=49.09528539168748&lon=10.846573660675778&zoom=9
>
> The street directions are changing often. Also many ways are created
> which have only two points and no highway tag. I'll repair this roads
> later.
>
> I put a Cc on the german mailing list.

zoom=9 is too big to download via the API but doing this seems to load
up a suitable example:
josm "http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=49.09528539168748&lon=10.846573660675778&zoom=11"

The road running roughly N-S consists of more than 10 ways each with
between 2 and 5 nodes. You can see the IDs by using the middle mouse
button when over a way, some of the ones here are:

 4048032 - 4 segments
 4048060 - 2 segments
 4048062 - 2 segments
 4047993 - 1 segment
 4048059 - 2 segments
 4048025 - 1 segment

Definately looks like an issue with either tracks2osm.pm or osmfilter.pl
(assuming that was the tool using the perl module).

	Jon