[OSM-talk] Osmarender street names rendering regression

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 23:02:47 GMT 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
> What you saw is the output without frollo so those ways in Antwerpen
> are no longer ordered, for whatever reason.
>
> Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie

Well, I checked the wrongly rendered streets there and they all look
correct to me. (okay, I found one way with bad ordering, but numerous
other ones are correct and have bad rendering, I checked ten minutes
ago)

Also, I'm puzzled that rendering like this *can* even occur, even if the
ways aren't ordered well.

Things I think cannot happen -- even with completely wrong ordering --
are:

* ways that consist of one segment that have the street names upside
down
* the street names that render in two directions on the same segment

Anyway, I'm also quite puzzled that Frollo wasn't enabled on the bad
shot, since I knew a way that was badly ordered and it was fixed in the
rendering...

I hope some of you know what's going on here, I sure don't :-)

Greetings
Ben