[OSM-talk] Fun rendering / mapping bug

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 02:09:58 BST 2007

Tom Chance skrev:
> Ahoy,
>
> Here be a junction of several roads that meet on a bridge over a railway:
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Tiles/tile.php/17/65418/43432.png
>
> Each bit of each road going onto the bridge is a separate way with bridge=yes
> and layer=1. Alas, Osmarender turns it into a massive mess :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tom

One reason is that the bridge coming from beech street is tagged as
highway=residential. The shading of residential (whether abutters or the
actual highway class) clashes with secondary road. Another good reason
to move to the landuse tags.

I've retagged the two offending segments as highway=unclassified, and
initiated a re-render of the level 12 tile. Take a look in about an
hour, then the tile should look better.

J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt