[OSM-talk] cemetary

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Sun Mar 25 16:40:48 BST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Svensson" <jonass at lysator.liu.se>
To: <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:16 PM
Subject: [OSM-talk] cemetary

> This might be simply because english is not my first language but
> could someone tell me if there is any difference between
> amenity=grave_yard and  landuse=cemetery when used in OSM (and the
> renderers)?

I would have thought that a "graveyard" would be an area next to a church,
used for burial, and would typically be quite a small area.

A "cemetery" would be a larger area, not usually associated with one
particular church.

As far as OSM goes, why one should be a node, and another an area I don't
know.  I also don't know if we really need to differentiate between the two.

David