[OSM-talk] Slippy map - Mapnik layer UK coastlines

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:04:20 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:41 +0100, Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> Steve,
>

> So far I was running database and all tools locally.  I'll try to
> setup something on dev plus wiki howto so everyone could have a go.
> Are you on IRC at all tonight ?

Should be.

Would it be possible to generate the coastline shapefile as part of
osm2pgsql? With the new experimental code there is the possibility of
adding code to convert natural=coastline ways into a shapefile. Some
code may will be needed to make sure the polygon is continuous (probably
by connecting the nearest pairs of disconnected nodes).

	Jon