[OSM-talk] IMPORTANT!!: YWMS plugin is not allowed.Don't use it.

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:09:19 BST 2007

Hi all,

Scott Regan, from Yahoo, has definitely confirmed us that the YWMS plugin is
not a right way to have Yahoo satellite imagery in JOSM, because of a clause
that prevents us to capture and manipulate the images. As the plugin is
capturing the image, that clause is against its use.

I've removed the plugin jar, so no new mappers can install it, but existing
users *must* stop using the plugin with JOSM. We should start looking other
way to use the flash or javascript API within Java, if we want imagery on
JOSM.

Regards,
Quico