[OSM-talk] IMPORTANT!!: YWMS plugin is not allowed.Don't use it.

Joshua Marinacci joshua at marinacci.org
Tue Mar 27 19:27:34 BST 2007

I'm not sure of the availability of NASA servers (since NASA is a big
organization with lots of departments), though they must have
something that powers World Wind.  However, all NASA imagery should
be public domain (other than their logos and such) unless it is
restricted for secrecy reasons (like parts of Iraq, perhaps).  US
government organizations are not allowed to hold copyrights except in
special cases.

- Josh

On Mar 27, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Kristian Thy wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, Joshua Marinacci wrote:
>> Perhaps we should start an effort to hook into one of NASA's WMS
>> tileservers.
>
> Like Landsat? :)
>
> AFAIK, NASA doesn't have their hi-res imagery publically (as in PD)
> available.
> I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
>
> \\kristian
> --