[OSM-talk] IMPORTANT!!: YWMS plugin is not allowed.Don't use it.

Joshua Marinacci joshua at marinacci.org
Tue Mar 27 19:31:45 BST 2007

Here is the terms of use for NASA's Visible Earth imagery:

	http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/useterms.php

Note that data collected from other groups and simply distributed by
NASA has it's own restrictions (which they mention here).

Of course having the right to use the imagery is very different from
having a bank of servers with a convenient webservice. That's a
separate issue, but at least it's a technical one that is solvable.

- Josh

On Mar 27, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Kristian Thy wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, Joshua Marinacci wrote:
>> Perhaps we should start an effort to hook into one of NASA's WMS
>> tileservers.
>
> Like Landsat? :)
>
> AFAIK, NASA doesn't have their hi-res imagery publically (as in PD)
> available.
> I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
>
> \\kristian
> --