[OSM-talk] IMPORTANT!!: YWMS plugin is not allowed.Don't use it.

Joshua Marinacci joshua at marinacci.org
Wed Mar 28 02:11:33 BST 2007

That is something I've thought about for our attempts to wrap the
Google Maps api in the JXMapViewer (swingx-ws.dev.java.net) since we
can't legally talk to their tile server.   The tricky part is that
you must essentially emulate a browser. And I'm still not sure that
would get around the legal hurdles.

- Josh

On Mar 27, 2007, at 4:35 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:

> In message
> <b11426350703271009h26cf8ebua680e028bd3c4596 at mail.gmail.com>
>           "Francisco R. Santos" <frsantos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've removed the plugin jar, so no new mappers can install it, but
>> existing
>> users *must* stop using the plugin with JOSM. We should start
>> looking other
>> way to use the flash or javascript API within Java, if we want
>> imagery on
>> JOSM.
>
> Is the new JavaScript support in Java 1.6 not good enough? More
> details
> can be found at:
>
>   http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/index.html#scripting
>
> Tom