[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] Yahoo and OSM

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Mar 29 09:57:36 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Definitely; since it uses a pseudo X11 server, one could always
> extend the WMS plugin to read image data directly from that X11

Suddenly, all of our creativity is spent on trying to comply with
Yahoo's license restrictions.  Are these satellite tiles really
worth all that effort?  Seeing this discussion on the OSM lists is
like seeing people waiting in line (in a queue) outside a food
store. Perhaps you enjoy living like some Soviet citizen, but my
instinct is to walk away.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)