[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] Yahoo and OSM

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 28 14:35:06 BST 2007

Hi,

> I've just had a quick look at the older Perl/Xvfb method, it used
> the API and appears to save to a named file, so we might be able to
> use this method and a named pipe.

Definitely; since it uses a pseudo X11 server, one could always
extend the WMS plugin to read image data directly from that X11
instance (something like executing a "xwd" and reading its output
from a pipe). We would have to move the image manipulation currently
done in the perl script into the Java code to avoid temporary files.

Bye
Frederik