[OSM-talk] OSM events in an iCalendar

Zoran Kovacevic zoran at kovacevic.nl
Fri Mar 30 22:20:56 BST 2007

Hi all,

An iCalendar with all OSM related events can help people with always
knowing when OSM events are, inside their own calendar (e.g. iCal,
Google Calendar, etc).

If everybody that organises something OSM related could add the event to
upcoming.org, and tag them as 'openstreetmap', then all events should
show up in this iCalendar:
http://upcoming.org/calendar/v2/tag/openstreetmap

Another plus of adding the events in upcoming.org is that an extra
(local) audience is reached.

I have just added the upcoming Dutch mapping parties, and I see that
somebody (non-OSM!) has already added The State Of The Map with the
'openstreetmap' tag :)

This approach obviously raises the question of what to do with
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Current_events. Should events be
registered in both wiki and upcoming? Or can the wiki somehow parse the
iCalendar?

What do you think?

Best, Zoran